If you are looking for a job I can help. I off a job-hunting service where I do the following:
- Take your resume or CV and turn it into a work of art both in content and design.
- Set up or update your online identity on LinkedIn and Indeed.com
- Get you ready to apply for specific jobs by writing a custom cover letter and filling out the online application (all you do is review everything and press submit)
If you decide you want to work with me you send me an email with your current resume, what kind of work you’re looking for. If you don’t have a resume, you can tell me what you’ve been up to and what you’re looking for. I’ll review your resume and If I think I can help, I’ll send you an invoice. Once you pay the invoice, I’ll start working on your resume. We’ll go back and forth until we’re both happy with it. Then we’ll turn to LinkedIn and Indeed and get those set up.
At that point, the clock starts on your job hunt time. For the month, you send me jobs that you want to apply for and I will go and read over the description, prepare a cover letter, and fill out any online forms. I will then send you the cover letter and the news that the job is ready to be applied for. You then review the cover letter and apply, sending me the revised cover letter, if you made any corrects. I will let you know when I receive a job to apply for from you and I will have it ready to go within three business days. If there is some reason you need it faster, please let me know.
I charge $300 for an overhaul of your resume and sixteen job applications or four weeks, whichever comes first.
My general approach to job hunting is informed by Allison Greene of Ask a Manager. She’s an ebook called How To Get a Job: Secrets of a Hiring Manager you might find useful. Some specific advice of hers that I use:
- I try to keep resumes to no more than two pages.
- I try to make resumes results-oriented (what did you achieve) rather than a just description of your duties
- I tend to stay within the lines. I don’t do wildly formatted resumes or cover letters designed to be provocative or attention-seeking.
- I use customized cover letters for each job.
- No typos or grammar mistakes
Individual weeks of job hunting can be purchased once you’re done with a package. I also offer these services:
- Monitoring job sites for the type of position you are seeking
- Initial email contact with recruiters to gather information
- Create a personal website where your resume can be online
- Actually pressing the submit button on specific job applications – doing the entire process for you